ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline – Monday, 27th May 2019
GUIDELINES FOR THE SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Participants interested in presenting an Oral or Poster presentation are invited to submit an abstract. All abstracts will undergo peer review by the Abstract Review Committee and may be accepted for Oral Presentation, Poster Presentation or rejected.
PRESENTATION TYPES AVAILABLE:
SCI: Innovations in Science and Medicine
BIZ: New Technologies, New Opportunities
AGR: Advanced Agriculture and Production
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
Before you begin, kindly prepare the following information:
- Presenting Author contact information;
- Email address
- Full postal address
- Daytime and evening phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details
- Full first and family name(s)
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.C.C. Smith)
- Affiliation information: department, institution / hospital, city state (if relevant), country
- Abstract title – Limited to 25 words in UPPER CASE
- Abstract text – Limited to 350 words (Please Note: word count is affected when graphs/tables/images are included). We recommend using word-processing software (for example, Word) for editing your abstract and counting the number of words.
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. Express numbers as numerals
- Tables: A maximum of 3 tables of up to 10 rows x 10 columns can be included in the abstract. Each table included in the abstract is worth 30 words
- Graphs and images – It is important to note that each image included in the abstract is worth 30 words. You can upload graphs and images in JPG, PNG and GIF format only. A maximum of 3 images can be included per abstract. The maximum size of each graph/image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of graph/picture is 600(w) x 800(h) pixels.
- All tables, figures, and reference citations must be referred to in the text of the abstract. If there is no reference in the text, the table/figure/reference as applicable will be removed from the abstract before publication.
- Tables and figures must be sized to one column, or be reducible to the width on one column. Tables submitted in figure format will be reproduced as such.
RULES FOR SUBMISSION
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. If you need help, please arrange for the review of your abstract by a colleague who is a native English speaker, by a university scientific publications office (or other similar facility) or by a copy editor, prior to submission.
- Abstracts must be submitted via the website only. Abstracts submitted by email will not be accepted. Each person may submit up to 3 abstracts as presenting author. Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. No modifications and corrections can be made after the submission deadline.
- Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by June 12th, 2019 will be scheduled and included in the conference publication.
- Upon submission, the Abstract Submitter confirms that the abstract has been previewed and that all information is correct, and accepts that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and is aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to the 4th International Medical Cannabis Conference – CannX 2019 and Kenes International (Hereafter: “The Organizers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third-party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- Upon submission the Abstract Submitter confirms that the contact details saved in the system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.
- All abstracts will be forwarded to the Abstract Review Committee for review. The Committee will endeavor to schedule abstracts according to authors’ preferences but reserves the right to decide on the final topic allocation.
- The Abstract Submitter will receive confirmation that the abstract has been received, indicating the abstract number which it has been allocated. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding this abstract.
- Please contact the Conference Secretariat if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been received.
- Presenting author can be replaced by one of the co-authors only.
- Conflicts of Interest / Disclosure: Abstract submitters will be requested to confirm that you will declare any conflict of interests in your presentation at the conference
ABSTRACT SUBMITTERS’ DECLARATION
Disclosure of financial relationships that the author(s) may have with the manufacturer/supplier of any commercial products or services related to the work, should be indicated in the appropriate box on the abstract form.
The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract before submission to the Secretariat.
The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publications an abstract which does not comply with the above.
All abstracts will be reviewed and notification emails of the results will be sent to the submitters after the official submission deadlines.